The “U” description refers to the “U” shape of the steel in that it provides a coupling or a cavity for the end clips of the “U” shaped decks to slot on to. There is two sizes of “U” transoms .4m used to hold a single .32m deck width and .73m used to house the width of two x .32m wide decks. .73m “U” transoms are the most common and widely used in the industry as a double deck width allows for the minimal but suitable room to access walls while at the same time are the most cost effective for purchasing. They also offer efficiency for transportation.
U-Transom covers lock into the U transoms and disable the decks from the possibility of being dislodged. This is an important safety precaution preventing the decks from falling down in high winds or even earthquakes. Combine a U-Transom cover of equal length to the U-Transom you are purchasing to allow for maximum safety.
- U-Transom (Ledger U)
- U-Transom Cover (Deck padlock)
- Surface finish: hot dipped galvanised
- Machine welded ends
- Tested to AUS/NZ standards at a design height of 30m at a heavy duty loading
- Comes in two lengths 0.4m & .73m allowing for a single or a double deck width.
- 30 Day money back guarantee
- 10 Year warranty
- Delivery New Zealand wide direct to site