The “U” description refers to the “U” shape of the cavity in the steel transom. The end clips of the “U” shaped decks slot into the transom cavity to form a secure coupling. There are two sizes of “U” transoms 0.4m used to hold a single 0.32m deck width and a 0.73m transom used to house the width of two 0.32m wide decks. 0.73m “U” transoms are the most widely used in the scaffolding industry as a double deck width allows for the minimal, but suitable, room to access walls while at the same time being the most cost effective option and offering efficiency for transportation.
U-Transom scaffolding covers lock into the U transoms and disable the decks from the possibility of being dislodged. This is an important safety precaution preventing the decks from falling down in high winds or even earthquakes. Combine a U-Transom cover of equal length to the U-Transom you are purchasing to provide maximum safety.
- U-Transom Scaffolding (Ledger U)
- U-Transom Cover (Deck padlock)
- Surface finish: hot dipped galvanised
- Machine welded ends
- Tested to AUS/NZ standards at a design height of 30m at a heavy duty loading
- Comes in two lengths 0.4m & .73m allowing for a single or a double deck width.
- 30 Day money back guarantee
- 10 Year warranty
- Delivery New Zealand wide direct to site